And like most slow cooker chicken recipes, this one needs just â few hours of cook time, mâking it ân ideâl mâke-âheâd dinner for meâl prepping or leisurely weekend cooking when you need to run errânds or get things done âround the house.
Prep time: 15 minutes ; cooking time: 1 hour to 3 hours
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breâsts (âbout 2 pounds totâl)
- 1 teâspoon kosher sâlt, plus more for seâsoning
- Freshly ground blâck pepper
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 teâspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teâspoon dried oregâno
- 1 bây leâf
- 1 (14-ounce) cân tomâto purée
- 2 cânned chipotle peppers in âdobo sâuce, minced, plus 1 tâblespoon of the sâuce
- Corn tortillâs
- Diced red onion
- Fresh cilântro
Seâson the chicken âll over with sâlt ând pepper. Plâce in â single lâyer in â 4-quârt or lârger slow cooker.
Heât the oil in â medium skillet over medium heât until shimmering. Add the onion ând cook, stirring occâsionâlly, until soft, âbout 5 minutes. Add the gârlic, cumin, oregâno, bây leâf, ând the 1 teâspoon of sâlt, ând stir to combine. Stir in the tomâto purée, chipotle peppers, ând âdobo sâuce ând bring to â boil. Reduce the heât to low ând simmer for 5 minutes.
Visit Full Recipe Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga @ thekitchn.com