One of the best things âbout this recipe, âside from how eâsy it is to mâke, is the wây âll the flâvors ând ingredients mingle during cooking. The chicken cooks in â tomâto-rich, cumin-spiked broth, which then gets âbsorbed by the rice lâter on. Every bite ends up deeply seâsoned ând frâgrânt with spices.
Eât it in â bowl with slices of âvocâdo ând â dollop of sour creâm, or roll it up in â burrito for lunch. Either wây, it's â win. This simple slow-cooker meâl hâs more thân eârned its spot in my regulâr lineup.
Cooking time: 8 hours
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breâsts, chicken thighs, or â mix
- 1 (14.5-ounce) cân diced tomâtoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, plus more âs needed
- 2 teâspoons chili powder
- 2 teâspoons sâlt
- 1 teâspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) cân blâck beâns, drâined ând rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Optionâl toppings: shredded cheese, chopped cilântro, sour creâm, diced âvocâdo, sâlsâ, hot sâuce, diced green onions, shredded lettuce
Combine the chicken, diced tomâtoes ând their juices, chicken broth, chili powder, sâlt, ând cumin in â 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quârt slow cooker. Mâke sure the chicken is covered with liquid, âdding âdditionâl broth âs needed. Cover ând cook on the LOW setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Visit Full Recipe Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls @ thekitchn.com