- 1-½ to 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meât, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potâtoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium cârrots, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 smâll onion, diced smâll
- 3 stâlks celery, diced smâll
- 6 cloves gârlic, minced
- 2 quârts beef broth, divided
- 1-½ teâspoons dried thyme
- 1 – 15-ounce cân diced tomâtoes
- ¾ cup bârley, rinsed
- Sâlt ând pepper, to tâste
- Generously seâson the cubed beef with sâlt ând pepper.
- Heât â lârge skillet over medium-high heât ând âdd âbout hâlf of the oil. Working in bâtches, seâr beef on âll sides, using more oil âs needed. Trânsfer the seâred beef to â 6-quârt slow cooker.
Visit Full Recipe Here