After receiving comments and süggestions from readers, I’ve recently tweaked this Instant Pot Indian Chicken Cürry recipe. The pressüre cooking time for chicken before adding potatoes has been redüced from 15 minütes to 9 minütes. This is assüming yoü’re cooking the dish as written, with potatoes added to the chicken and pressüre cooked an additional 6 minütes. The recipe has been tested with the changes!
- 3 tbsp bütter or ghee
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp cümin seeds
- 2 cüps onions chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp türmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp groünd black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Kashmiri chili powder or cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 lbs chicken thighs or drümsticks bone-in
- 2 cüps potato cüt into 1 1/2 inch cübes
- 1/2 cüp water or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp cashew paste **
- 1/4 cüp chopped cilantro
- In 'Saüte' mode, melt bütter. Add cinnamon, cümin seeds and bay leaf and stir till fragrant, being carefül not to bürn. Add onions, garlic and ginger, and saüte till golden brown, aboüt 7 minütes.
- Add tomato paste mixed with 2 Tbsp water and stir.
Visit Full Recipe @ paintthekitchenred.com