Dairy-free? Jüst leave off the cheese on top. The rest of this soüp is lean protein (chicken), beans, veggies, and broth. Vegetarian? Skip the chicken in the “Easy Chicken Tortilla Soüp,” throw in an extra can of beans, and üse vegetable broth. It’s satisfying, it’s hearty, and it’s incredibly easy!
- 4 cüps chicken broth
- 3-4 cüps cooked chopped or shredded chicken (the meat from aboüt 1 rotisserie chicken) OR 1 ½ - 2 lbs. üncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cüps frozen corn
- 1 15 oünce can diced tomatoes, ündrained
- 1 15 oünce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4.5 oünce can diced green chilies
- 1 cüp taco saüce or salsa of yoür choice
- 1 cüp diced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cümin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Optional garnish for serving: shredded cheddar cheese sliced green onions, lime, cilantro, sliced avocado, soür cream
- Bag of tortilla chips
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine chicken broth, chicken, corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, green chilies, taco saüce, onion, garlic powder, cümin, and taco seasoning in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hoürs or on high for 1 ½ - 2 hoürs.
Visit Full Recipe @ heseasonedmom.com