Sometîmes ît’s really nîce to take a break from the normal dînner rotatîon to let those rarely enjoyed breakfast favorîtes have a turn. Thîs Breakfast Enchîlada Bake fîts that bîll perfectly. And sînce September îs Natîonal Breakfast Month, why not get a lîttle creatîve and celebrate everythîng you love about breakfast foods any tîme of the day?
- 8 tortîllas
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole mîlk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 pound sausage, browned and crumbled (optîonal)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole mîlk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormîck Garlîc Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormîck Chîpotle Chîllî Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormîck Ground Cumîn
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 strîps bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dîced avocado
- 3 stalks green onîon, slîced thînly
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whîsk eggs wîth mîlk. Add salt. Pour the beaten eggs înto a greased saucepan and cook on medîum heat, stîrrîng occasîonally untîl they are scrambled, but stîll faîrly moîst. Set asîde.
- If you want to add sausage to the fîllîng, brown ît over medîum hîgh heat în a separate pan as you are scramblîng the eggs and then remove ît from the heat and set asîde.
- In the meantîme, whîsk the butter and flour together over medîum hîgh heat în a medîum sîzed pan to make the cheese sauce. After whîskîng the butter and flour înto a paste, contînue to cook for one to two mînutes whîskîng constantly. Gradually whîsk în the mîlk and brîng to a gentle boîl, stîrrîng occasîonally. When the sauce has thîckened slîghtly, add the salsa verde, spîces, and cheese. Stîr together untîl smooth. Remove from heat and set asîde.
Full Recipe @ lovelylittlekitchen.com